Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Edema, proteinuria and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O15.03
Eclampsia complicating pregnancy, third trimester
2016 2017 - Revised Code 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 3rd Trimester (28+ weeks)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O15.03 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM O15.03 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O15.03 - other international versions of ICD-10 O15.03 may differ.
- O15.03 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O15.03 is applicable to female patients.
- O15.03 is applicable to mothers in the third trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O15.03 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
The following code(s) above O15.03
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O15.03
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O15.03 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
2017 (effective 10/1/2016): Revised code
- New description: Eclampsia complicating pregnancy, third trimester
- 2016 description: Eclampsia in pregnancy, third trimester
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O15.03
…… unspecified trimester
…… complicating childbirth
…… complicating the puerperium
Eclampsia complicating pregnancy
…… unspecified trimester
…… third trimester
Eclampsia complicating labor
Eclampsia complicating the puerperium
Eclampsia, unspecified as to time period
Unspecified maternal hypertension
Unspecified maternal hypertension, first trimester
Unspecified maternal hypertension, second trimester
Unspecified maternal hypertension, third trimester
Unspecified maternal hypertension, complicating childbirth
Unspecified maternal hypertension, complicating the puerperium
Unspecified maternal hypertension, unspecified trimester
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.