Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.822
Pregnancy related peripheral neuritis, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.822 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.822 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.822 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.822 may differ.
- O26.822 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.822 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.822 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
The following code(s) above O26.822
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.822
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O26.822 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.822
Subluxation of symphysis (pubis) in childbirth
Subluxation of symphysis (pubis) in the puerperium
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
Pregnancy related exhaustion and fatigue
Pregnancy related peripheral neuritis
…… second trimester
Pregnancy related renal disease
Uterine size-date discrepancy complicating pregnancy
Uterine size-date discrepancy, first trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, second trimester
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.