Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.851
Spotting complicating pregnancy, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
- O26.851 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.851 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.851 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.851 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.851 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.851 is applicable to female patients.
- O26.851 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.851 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O26.851
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.851
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O26.851 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.851
Uterine size-date discrepancy complicating pregnancy
Uterine size-date discrepancy, first trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, second trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, third trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, unspecified trimester
Spotting complicating pregnancy
…… first trimester
Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP)
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.