Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.853
Spotting complicating pregnancy, third trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) 3rd Trimester (28+ weeks)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.853 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.853 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.853 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.853 may differ.
- O26.853 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.853 is applicable to mothers in the third trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.853 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
The following code(s) above O26.853
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.853
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O26.853 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.853
Uterine size-date discrepancy complicating pregnancy
Uterine size-date discrepancy, first trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, second trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, third trimester
Uterine size-date discrepancy, unspecified trimester
Spotting complicating pregnancy
…… third trimester
Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP)
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.