Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
Maternal care for other conditions predominantly related to pregnancy
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O26.91
Pregnancy related conditions, unspecified, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
- O26.91 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O26.91 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O26.91 - other international versions of ICD-10 O26.91 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O26.91 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O26.91 is applicable to female patients.
- O26.91 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O26.91 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O26.91
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O26.91
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
Convert O26.91 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O26.91
Other specified pregnancy related conditions
Pregnancy related conditions, unspecified
…… unspecified trimester
…… first trimester
Abnormal findings on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal hematological finding on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal biochemical finding on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal cytological finding on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal ultrasonic finding on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal radiological finding on antenatal screening of mother
Abnormal chromosomal and genetic finding on antenatal screening of mother
Other abnormal findings on antenatal screening of mother
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.