Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O30.091
Twin pregnancy, unable to determine number of placenta and number of amniotic sacs, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O30.091 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Twin preg, unable to dtrm num plcnta & amnio sacs, first tri
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM O30.091 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O30.091 - other international versions of ICD-10 O30.091 may differ.
- O30.091 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O30.091 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O30.091 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
The following code(s) above O30.091
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O30.091
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O30.091 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O30.091
Twin pregnancy, dichorionic/diamniotic
Twin pregnancy, unable to determine number of placenta and number of amniotic sacs
…… first trimester
Triplet pregnancy, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs
Triplet pregnancy with two or more monochorionic fetuses
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.