Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O30.1
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- O30.1 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O30.1 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O30.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 O30.1 may differ.
The following code(s) above O30.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O30.1
- The condition of carrying triplets simultaneously.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O30.1
Twin pregnancy, dichorionic/diamniotic
Twin pregnancy, unable to determine number of placenta and number of amniotic sacs
Triplet pregnancy, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs
Triplet pregnancy with two or more monochorionic fetuses
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.