Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O30.221
Quadruplet pregnancy with two or more monoamniotic fetuses, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O30.221 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Quad preg w two or more monoamnio fetuses, first trimester
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM O30.221 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O30.221 - other international versions of ICD-10 O30.221 may differ.
- O30.221 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O30.221 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O30.221 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
The following code(s) above O30.221
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O30.221
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O30.221 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O30.221
Quadruplet pregnancy with two or more monochorionic fetuses
Quadruplet pregnancy with two or more monoamniotic fetuses
…… first trimester
Quadruplet pregnancy, quadrachorionic/quadra-amniotic
Quadruplet pregnancy, unable to determine number of placenta and number of amniotic sacs
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.