Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Maternal care for abnormality of pelvic organs
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O34.41
Maternal care for other abnormalities of cervix, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
- O34.41 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Maternal care for oth abnlt of cervix, first trimester
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM O34.41 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O34.41 - other international versions of ICD-10 O34.41 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O34.41 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O34.41 is applicable to female patients.
- O34.41 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O34.41 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
The following code(s) above O34.41
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O34.41
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O34.41 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O34.41
Maternal care for vertical scar from previous cesarean delivery
Maternal care for unspecified type scar from previous cesarean delivery
Maternal care due to uterine scar from other previous surgery
Maternal care for cervical incompetence
…… unspecified trimester
Maternal care for other abnormalities of cervix
…… unspecified trimester
…… first trimester
Maternal care for other abnormalities of gravid uterus
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus
Maternal care for prolapse of gravid uterus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.