Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Maternal care for abnormality of pelvic organs
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O34.511
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks)
- O34.511 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, first tri
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O34.511 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O34.511 - other international versions of ICD-10 O34.511 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O34.511 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O34.511 is applicable to female patients.
- O34.511 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O34.511 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O34.511
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O34.511
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O34.511 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O34.511
Maternal care for other abnormalities of cervix
…… unspecified trimester
Maternal care for other abnormalities of gravid uterus
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus
…… first trimester
Maternal care for prolapse of gravid uterus
Maternal care for retroversion of gravid uterus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.