Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Maternal care for abnormality of pelvic organs
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O34.512
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
- O34.512 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, second tri
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O34.512 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O34.512 - other international versions of ICD-10 O34.512 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O34.512 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O34.512 is applicable to female patients.
- O34.512 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O34.512 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O34.512
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O34.512
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O34.512 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O34.512
Maternal care for other abnormalities of cervix
…… unspecified trimester
Maternal care for other abnormalities of gravid uterus
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus
…… second trimester
Maternal care for prolapse of gravid uterus
Maternal care for retroversion of gravid uterus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.