Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Maternal care for abnormality of pelvic organs
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O34.519
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, unspecified trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx
- O34.519 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus, unsp tri
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM O34.519 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O34.519 - other international versions of ICD-10 O34.519 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O34.519 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O34.519 is applicable to female patients.
The following code(s) above O34.519
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O34.519
ICD-10-CM O34.519 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Incarcerated gravid uterus
- Incarcerated uterus, affecting management of pregnancy
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O34.519 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O34.519
Maternal care for other abnormalities of cervix
…… unspecified trimester
Maternal care for other abnormalities of gravid uterus
Maternal care for incarceration of gravid uterus
…… unspecified trimester
Maternal care for prolapse of gravid uterus
Maternal care for retroversion of gravid uterus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.