Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
Premature rupture of membranes
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O42.912
Preterm premature rupture of membranes, unspecified as to length of time between rupture and onset of labor, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
- O42.912 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Pretrm prem ROM, unsp time betw rupt and onset labr, 2nd tri
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM O42.912 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O42.912 - other international versions of ICD-10 O42.912 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O42.912 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O42.912 is applicable to female patients.
- O42.912 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O42.912 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above O42.912
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O42.912
- 781 Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications
- 782 Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications
Convert O42.912 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O42.912
Preterm premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor more than 24 hours following rupture
Full-term premature rupture of membranes, onset of labor more than 24 hours following rupture
Premature rupture of membranes, unspecified as to length of time between rupture and onset of labor
…… unspecified weeks of gestation
Preterm premature rupture of membranes, unspecified as to length of time between rupture and onset of labor
…… second trimester
Full-term premature rupture of membranes, unspecified as to length of time between rupture and onset of labor
Placental transfusion syndromes
Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.