Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O43.122
Velamentous insertion of umbilical cord, second trimester
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 2nd Trimester (14-28 weeks)
- O43.122 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM O43.122 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of O43.122 - other international versions of ICD-10 O43.122 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- O43.122 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- O43.122 is applicable to female patients.
- O43.122 is applicable to mothers in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as between equal to or greater than 14 weeks to less than 28 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
ICD-10-CM O43.122 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
The following code(s) above O43.122
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to O43.122
- 817 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 818 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure with cc
- 819 Other antepartum diagnoses with o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
- 831 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with mcc
- 832 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure with cc
- 833 Other antepartum diagnoses without o.r. Procedure without cc/mcc
Convert O43.122 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To O43.122
Velamentous insertion of umbilical cord
…… second trimester
Other malformation of placenta
Morbidly adherent placenta
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.