Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Complications of labor and delivery
Preterm labor O60
Preterm labor O60-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as O60. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- onset (spontaneous) of labor before 37 completed weeks of gestation
- A disorder characterized by delivery of a viable infant before the normal end of gestation. Typically, viability is achievable between the twentieth and thirty-seventh week of gestation.
- Childbirth before 37 weeks of pregnancy (259 days from the first day of the mother's last menstrual period, or 245 days after fertilization).
- Onset of labor before term but after the fetus has become viable, in humans usually sometime between the 20th and 37th week of gestation.
- Onset of obstetric labor before term (term birth) but usually after the fetus has become viable. In humans, it occurs sometime during the 29th through 38th week of pregnancy. Tocolysis inhibits premature labor and can prevent the birth of premature infants (infant, premature).
- Ouster of a viable infant before the normal end of gestation, commonly defined as interruption of pregnancy between the twentieth-thirty seventh completed weeks after the onset of the last menstrual cycle.
- The birth of an infant of less than 37 weeks for the gestational age.
- O60 Preterm labor
- O60.0 Preterm labor without delivery
- O60.1 Preterm labor with preterm delivery
- O60.10 Preterm labor with preterm delivery, unspecified trimester
- O60.12 Preterm labor second trimester with preterm delivery second trimester
- O60.13 Preterm labor second trimester with preterm delivery third trimester
- O60.14 Preterm labor third trimester with preterm delivery third trimester
- O60.2 Term delivery with preterm labor
- O60.20 Term delivery with preterm labor, unspecified trimester
- O60.22 Term delivery with preterm labor, second trimester
- O60.23 Term delivery with preterm labor, third trimester