Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Complications of labor and delivery
Postpartum hemorrhage O72- >
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- hemorrhage after delivery of fetus or infant
- Excess blood loss from uterine bleeding associated with obstetric labor or childbirth. It is defined as blood loss greater than 500 ml or of the amount that adversely affects the maternal physiology, such as blood pressure and hematocrit. Postpartum hemorrhage is divided into two categories, immediate (within first 24 hours after birth) or delayed (after 24 hours postpartum).
- Hemorrhage defined as a blood loss in excess of 500 ml after vaginal delivery or more than 1000 ml after a cesarean delivery.
- O72 Postpartum hemorrhage
- O72.0 Third-stage hemorrhage
- O72.1 Other immediate postpartum hemorrhage
- O72.2 Delayed and secondary postpartum hemorrhage
- O72.3 Postpartum coagulation defects