Other puerperal infections O86
Other puerperal infections O86-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (B95-B97
ICD-10-CM Range B95-B97
), to identify infectious agent
Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- These categories are provided for use as supplementary or additional codes to identify the infectious agent(s) in diseases classified elsewhere.
- B95 Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and Enter...
- B96 Other bacterial agents as the cause of d...
- B97 Viral agents as the cause of diseases cl...
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (O86) and the excluded code together.
- O86 Other puerperal infections
- O86.0 Infection of obstetric surgical wound
- O86.00 …… unspecified
- O86.01 …… superficial incisional site
- O86.02 …… deep incisional site
- O86.03 …… organ and space site
- O86.04 Sepsis following an obstetrical procedure
- O86.09 …… other surgical site
- O86.1 Other infection of genital tract following delivery
- O86.11 Cervicitis following delivery
- O86.12 Endometritis following delivery
- O86.13 Vaginitis following delivery
- O86.19 Other infection of genital tract following delivery
- O86.2 Urinary tract infection following delivery
- O86.20 …… unspecified
- O86.21 Infection of kidney following delivery
- O86.22 Infection of bladder following delivery
- O86.29 Other urinary tract infection following delivery
- O86.4 Pyrexia of unknown origin following delivery
- O86.8 Other specified puerperal infections
- O86.81 Puerperal septic thrombophlebitis
- O86.89 Other specified puerperal infections