Certain conditions originating in the perinatal period
Disorders of newborn related to length of gestation and fetal growth
Disorders of newborn related to slow fetal growth and fetal malnutrition
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code P05.10
Newborn small for gestational age, unspecified weight
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Code on Newborn Record
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- P05.10 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM P05.10 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of P05.10 - other international versions of ICD-10 P05.10 may differ.
- P05.10 should be used on the newborn record - not on the maternal record.
The following code(s) above P05.10
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to P05.10
ICD-10-CM P05.10 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Small for gestational age
- Small for gestational age fetus
- Small-for-dates baby
- 794 Neonate with other significant problems
Convert P05.10 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To P05.10
Newborn small for gestational age
…… unspecified weight
Newborn affected by fetal (intrauterine) malnutrition not light or small for gestational age
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.