Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations of genital organs
Other congenital malformations of female genitalia
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q52.3
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Female Dx POA Exempt
- Q52.3 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Q52.3 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q52.3 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q52.3 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Q52.3 is applicable to female patients.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Q52.3
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q52.3
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q52.3 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Q52.3 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 742 Uterine and adnexa procedures for non-malignancy with cc/mcc
- 743 Uterine and adnexa procedures for non-malignancy without cc/mcc
- 760 Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with cc/mcc
- 761 Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without cc/mcc
Convert Q52.3 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to Q52.3:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q52.3
Transverse vaginal septum
Longitudinal vaginal septum
…… microperforate, right side
…… microperforate, left side
Other and unspecified longitudinal vaginal septum
Congenital rectovaginal fistula
Other congenital malformations of vagina
Congenital malformation of clitoris
Other and unspecified congenital malformations of vulva
Unspecified congenital malformations of vulva
Congenital absence of vulva
Other congenital malformations of vulva
Other specified congenital malformations of female genitalia
Congenital malformation of female genitalia, unspecified
Undescended and ectopic testicle
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.