Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system
Congenital deformities of feet
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q66.212
Congenital metatarsus primus varus, left foot
2020 - New Code Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Q66.212 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- ICD-10-CM Q66.212 is a new 2020 ICD-10-CM code that became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q66.212 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q66.212 may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Q66.212
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q66.212
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q66.212 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Q66.212 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 564 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with mcc
- 565 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with cc
- 566 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without cc/mcc
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): New code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q66.212
Congenital talipes calcaneovarus
Congenital metatarsus (primus) varus
Congenital metatarsus primus varus
…… left foot
Congenital metatarsus adductus
Other congenital varus deformities of feet
Congenital talipes calcaneovalgus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.