Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q70.23
Fused toes, bilateral
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Q70.23 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Q70.23 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q70.23 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q70.23 may differ.
The following code(s) above Q70.23
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q70.23
Present On Admission
- Fused toes of bilat feet
- Fused toes of bilateral feet
- Syndactyly of toes of bilateral feet
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q70.23 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Q70.23 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 564 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with mcc
- 565 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with cc
- 566 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert Q70.23 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q70.23
Reduction defects of upper limb
Congenital complete absence of upper limb
Congenital complete absence of unspecified upper limb
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.