Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q70.4
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Q70.4 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM Q70.4 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q70.4 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q70.4 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as Q70.4. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Q70.4
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q70.4
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q70.4 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Q70.4 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 564 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with mcc
- 565 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with cc
- 566 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert Q70.4 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- Polysyndactyly Q70.4 - see also Syndactylism, syndactyly
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q70.4
Reduction defects of upper limb
Congenital complete absence of upper limb
Congenital complete absence of unspecified upper limb
Congenital complete absence of right upper limb
Congenital complete absence of left upper limb
Congenital absence of upper arm and forearm with hand present
Congenital absence of unspecified upper arm and forearm with hand present
Congenital absence of right upper arm and forearm with hand present
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.