2023 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q77.6
2023 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q77.6
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Q77.6 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM Q77.6 became effective on October 1, 2022.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q77.6 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q77.6 may differ.
- Ellis-van Creveld syndrome
The following code(s) above Q77.6
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q77.6
Present On Admission
- A rare autosomal recessive syndrome caused by mutations in the evc gene. It is characterized by dwarfism, small chest, ectodermal dysplasia, and postaxial polydactyly. There is an increased frequency of congenital heart malformations.
- Chondrodysplasia of long bones affecting mainly the distal ends of extremities and resulting in short-limb dwarfism, hexadactyly of the fingers and less frequently the toes; ectodermal dysplasia with nail and hair abnormalities, and congenital heart defects. Associated abnormalities may include cryptorchidism, epispadias, talipes equinovalgus, and dandy-walker syndrome (absence of cerebellar vermis, hydrocephalus, and posterior fossa cyst continuous with the fourth ventricle). Some patients are retarded. The largest pedigree was observed in old order amish in lancaster county, pennsylvania and some cases were reported in australian aborigines.
- Dwarfism occurring in association with defective development of skin, hair, and teeth, polydactyly, and defect of the cardiac septum. (Dorland, 27th ed)
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q77.6 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v40.0):
- Q77.6 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 564 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with mcc
- 565 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with cc
- 566 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert Q77.6 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to Q77.6:
- Chondroectodermal dysplasia Q77.6
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- Ellis-van Creveld Q77.6 (chondroectodermal dysplasia)
- Dysplasia - see also Anomaly
- Ellis-van Creveld syndrome Q77.6 (chondroectodermal dysplasia)
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- chondroectodermal dysplasia Q77.6
- Ellis-van Creveld Q77.6
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q77.6
Congenital malformation of sternum
Other congenital malformations of bony thorax
Congenital malformation of bony thorax, unspecified
Osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine
Thanatophoric short stature
Other osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine
Osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine, unspecified
Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia
Progressive diaphyseal dysplasia
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.