Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q78.1
Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- Q78.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM Q78.1 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q78.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q78.1 may differ.
- Albright(-McCune)(-Sternberg) syndrome
The following code(s) above Q78.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q78.1
- Albright mccune sternberg syndrome
- Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia of bone
Present On Admission
- A genetic syndrome caused by mutations in the gnas1 gene. It is characterized by deformities and fractures of the bones, endocrine abnormalities including early puberty, and skin hyperpigmentation.
- Fibrous dysplasia of bone affecting several bones. When melanotic pigmentation (cafe-au-lait spots) and multiple endocrine hyperfunction are additionally associated it is referred to as albright syndrome.
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Q78.1 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Q78.1 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 564 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with mcc
- 565 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with cc
- 566 Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert Q78.1 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to Q78.1:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q78.1
Other osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine
Osteochondrodysplasia with defects of growth of tubular bones and spine, unspecified
Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia
Progressive diaphyseal dysplasia
Multiple congenital exostoses
Other specified osteochondrodysplasias
Congenital malformations of musculoskeletal system, not elsewhere classified
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
Other congenital malformations of diaphragm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.