Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
Other congenital malformations
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q81
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- Q81 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM Q81 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Q81 - other international versions of ICD-10 Q81 may differ.
The following code(s) above Q81
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Q81
- A group of chronic skin disorders in which fluid-filled blisters form on the skin and mucosa (the moist, inner lining of some organs and body cavities). Epidermolysis bullosa is inherited and usually starts at birth. Patients with epidermolysis bullosa may be at increased risk of squamous cell cancer of the skin.
- An autosomal recessive inherited skin disorder caused by mutations in the genes encoding keratins 5 and 14, collagen vii or laminin 5. It is characterized by skin fragility and the formation of blisters. The blisters may become large and ulcerated, resulting in skin infections and loss of body fluids.
- Group of genetically determined disorders characterized by the blistering of skin and mucosae. There are four major forms: acquired, simple, junctional, and dystrophic. Each of the latter three has several varieties.
- Inherited chronic noninflammatory skin disease manifested by vesicles, large bullae (blisters), and skin erosions which often result from trauma.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to Q81:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Q81
Other congenital malformations of musculoskeletal system
Congenital malformation of musculoskeletal system, unspecified
Congenital bullous ichthyosiform erythroderma
Other congenital ichthyosis
Congenital ichthyosis, unspecified
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex
Epidermolysis bullosa letalis
Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica
Other epidermolysis bullosa
Epidermolysis bullosa, unspecified
Other congenital malformations of skin
Congenital cutaneous mastocytosis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.