Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified
Symptoms and signs involving the digestive system and abdomen
Aphagia and dysphagia
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code R13.0
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
- R13.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM R13.0 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of R13.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 R13.0 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as R13.0. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above R13.0
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to R13.0
ICD-10-CM R13.0 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Not eating, the refusal to eat, or an inability to swallow foods or fluids.
- 391 Esophagitis, gastroenteritis and miscellaneous digestive disorders with mcc
- 392 Esophagitis, gastroenteritis and miscellaneous digestive disorders without mcc
Convert R13.0 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To R13.0
Cyclical vomiting syndrome unrelated to migraine
Nausea with vomiting, unspecified
Aphagia and dysphagia
…… pharyngoesophageal phase
Flatulence and related conditions
Abdominal distension (gaseous)
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.