Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the head
Fracture of skull and facial bones
Fracture of tooth (traumatic) S02.5
Fracture of tooth (traumatic) S02.5-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as S02.5. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Break or rupture of a tooth or tooth root.
- Broken tooth affecting any portion of tooth: root fracture, crown-root, broken tooth (crown fracture), chipped tooth. A crown fracture can involve the pulp. Tooth fracture sequelae range in severity from cosmetic defects to tooth death. Involvement of the pulp is a more important indicator of severity of tooth fracture than is the amount of the tooth affected.
- S02.5 Fracture of tooth (traumatic)
- S02.5XXA …… initial encounter for closed fracture
- S02.5XXB …… initial encounter for open fracture
- S02.5XXD …… subsequent encounter for fracture with routine healing
- S02.5XXG …… subsequent encounter for fracture with delayed healing
- S02.5XXK …… subsequent encounter for fracture with nonunion
- S02.5XXS …… sequela