Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Superficial injury of neck
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S10.12XS
Blister (nonthermal) of throat, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S10.12XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S10.12XS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S10.12XS - other international versions of ICD-10 S10.12XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S10.12XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S10.12XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S10.12XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- S10.12XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S10.12XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S10.12XS
Blister (nonthermal) of throat
External constriction of part of throat
Superficial foreign body of throat
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of throat
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.