Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Superficial injury of neck
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S10.84XS
External constriction of other specified part of neck, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S10.84XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: External constriction of oth part of neck, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S10.84XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S10.84XS - other international versions of ICD-10 S10.84XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S10.84XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S10.84XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S10.84XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S10.84XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S10.84XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S10.84XS
Contusion of other specified part of neck
External constriction of other specified part of neck
Superficial foreign body of other specified part of neck
Insect bite of other specified part of neck
Other superficial bite of other specified part of neck
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.