Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Superficial injury of neck
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S10.97XD
Other superficial bite of unspecified part of neck, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S10.97XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Other superficial bite of unsp part of neck, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S10.97XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S10.97XD - other international versions of ICD-10 S10.97XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S10.97XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S10.97XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S10.97XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S10.97XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S10.97XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S10.97XD
Superficial foreign body of unspecified part of neck
Insect bite of unspecified part of neck
Other superficial bite of unspecified part of neck
…… subsequent encounter
Open wound of larynx and trachea
Laceration without foreign body of larynx
Laceration with foreign body of larynx
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.