Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Other specified and unspecified injuries of neck
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S19.85XD
Other specified injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S19.85XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus, subs encntr
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S19.85XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S19.85XD - other international versions of ICD-10 S19.85XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S19.85XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S19.85XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S19.85XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- S19.85XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S19.85XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S19.85XD
Other specified injuries of vocal cord
Other specified injuries of thyroid gland
Other specified injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus
…… subsequent encounter
Other specified injuries of other specified part of neck
Unspecified injury of neck
Superficial injury of thorax
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.