Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Other specified and unspecified injuries of neck
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S19.85XS
Other specified injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S19.85XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S19.85XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S19.85XS - other international versions of ICD-10 S19.85XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S19.85XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S19.85XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S19.85XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S19.85XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 913 Traumatic injury with mcc
- 914 Traumatic injury without mcc
Convert S19.85XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S19.85XS
Other specified injuries of thyroid gland
Other specified injuries of pharynx and cervical esophagus
Other specified injuries of other specified part of neck
Unspecified injury of neck
Superficial injury of thorax
Contusion of breast
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.