Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the neck
Other specified and unspecified injuries of neck
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S19.9XXS
Unspecified injury of neck, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S19.9XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S19.9XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S19.9XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 S19.9XXS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S19.9XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S19.9XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S19.9XXS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- S19.9XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 913 Traumatic injury with mcc
- 914 Traumatic injury without mcc
Convert S19.9XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S19.9XXS
Other specified injuries of other specified part of neck
Unspecified injury of neck
Superficial injury of thorax
Contusion of breast
Contusion of breast, unspecified breast
Contusion of right breast
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.