Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the thorax
Superficial injury of thorax
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S20.101D
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, right breast, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S20.101D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp superficial injuries of breast, right breast, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S20.101D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S20.101D - other international versions of ICD-10 S20.101D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S20.101D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S20.101D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S20.101D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S20.101D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S20.101D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S20.101D
Contusion of left breast
Other and unspecified superficial injuries of breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, right breast
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, left breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, unspecified breast
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.