Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the thorax
Superficial injury of thorax
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S20.102S
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, left breast, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S20.102S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp superficial injuries of breast, left breast, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S20.102S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S20.102S - other international versions of ICD-10 S20.102S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S20.102S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S20.102S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S20.102S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S20.102S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S20.102S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S20.102S
Other and unspecified superficial injuries of breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, right breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, left breast
Unspecified superficial injuries of breast, unspecified breast
Abrasion of breast, right breast
Abrasion of breast, left breast
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.