Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the thorax
Superficial injury of thorax
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S20.301S
Unspecified superficial injuries of right front wall of thorax, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S20.301S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp superficial injuries of r frnt wl of thorax, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S20.301S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S20.301S - other international versions of ICD-10 S20.301S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S20.301S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S20.301S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S20.301S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S20.301S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S20.301S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S20.301S
Contusion of unspecified back wall of thorax
Other and unspecified superficial injuries of front wall of thorax
Unspecified superficial injuries of front wall of thorax
Unspecified superficial injuries of right front wall of thorax
Unspecified superficial injuries of left front wall of thorax
Unspecified superficial injuries of unspecified front wall of thorax
Abrasion of front wall of thorax
Abrasion of right front wall of thorax
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.