Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the thorax
Superficial injury of thorax
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S20.322S
Blister (nonthermal) of left front wall of thorax, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S20.322S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S20.322S became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S20.322S - other international versions of ICD-10 S20.322S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S20.322S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S20.322S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S20.322S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- S20.322S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S20.322S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S20.322S
Blister (nonthermal) of front wall of thorax
Blister (nonthermal) of right front wall of thorax
Blister (nonthermal) of left front wall of thorax
Blister (nonthermal) of unspecified front wall of thorax
External constriction of front wall of thorax
External constriction of right front wall of thorax
External constriction of left front wall of thorax
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.