Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the shoulder and upper arm
Superficial injury of shoulder and upper arm
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S40.241D
External constriction of right shoulder, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S40.241D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: External constriction of right shoulder, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S40.241D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S40.241D - other international versions of ICD-10 S40.241D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S40.241D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S40.241D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S40.241D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S40.241D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S40.241D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S40.241D
Blister (nonthermal) of unspecified shoulder
External constriction of shoulder
External constriction of right shoulder
…… subsequent encounter
External constriction of left shoulder
External constriction of unspecified shoulder
Superficial foreign body of shoulder
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.