Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the shoulder and upper arm
Superficial injury of shoulder and upper arm
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S40.861D
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of right upper arm, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S40.861D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Insect bite (nonvenomous) of right upper arm, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S40.861D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S40.861D - other international versions of ICD-10 S40.861D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S40.861D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S40.861D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S40.861D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S40.861D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S40.861D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S40.861D
Superficial foreign body of unspecified upper arm
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of upper arm
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of right upper arm
…… subsequent encounter
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of left upper arm
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of unspecified upper arm
Other superficial bite of upper arm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.