Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the shoulder and upper arm
Superficial injury of shoulder and upper arm
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S40.922D
Unspecified superficial injury of left upper arm, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S40.922D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp superficial injury of left upper arm, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S40.922D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S40.922D - other international versions of ICD-10 S40.922D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S40.922D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S40.922D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S40.922D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S40.922D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S40.922D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S40.922D
Unspecified superficial injury of upper arm
Unspecified superficial injury of right upper arm
Unspecified superficial injury of left upper arm
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified superficial injury of unspecified upper arm
Open wound of shoulder and upper arm
Open wound of shoulder
Unspecified open wound of shoulder
Unspecified open wound of right shoulder
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.