Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the shoulder and upper arm
Other and unspecified injuries of shoulder and upper arm
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S49.80XD
Other specified injuries of shoulder and upper arm, unspecified arm, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S49.80XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth injuries of shoulder and upper arm, unsp arm, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S49.80XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S49.80XD - other international versions of ICD-10 S49.80XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S49.80XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S49.80XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S49.80XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S49.80XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S49.80XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S49.80XD
Other physeal fracture of lower end of humerus, unspecified arm
…… initial encounter for closed fracture
…… subsequent encounter for fracture with routine healing
…… subsequent encounter for fracture with delayed healing
…… subsequent encounter for fracture with nonunion
…… subsequent encounter for fracture with malunion
Other specified injuries of shoulder and upper arm
Other specified injuries of shoulder and upper arm, unspecified arm
…… subsequent encounter
Other specified injuries of right shoulder and upper arm
Other specified injuries of left shoulder and upper arm
Unspecified injury of shoulder and upper arm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.