Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the wrist, hand and fingers
Superficial injury of wrist, hand and fingers
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S60.941D
Unspecified superficial injury of left index finger, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S60.941D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp superficial injury of left index finger, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S60.941D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S60.941D - other international versions of ICD-10 S60.941D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S60.941D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S60.941D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S60.941D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S60.941D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S60.941D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S60.941D
Unspecified superficial injury of other fingers
Unspecified superficial injury of right index finger
Unspecified superficial injury of left index finger
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified superficial injury of right middle finger
Unspecified superficial injury of left middle finger
Unspecified superficial injury of right ring finger
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.