Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the wrist, hand and fingers
Open wound of wrist, hand and fingers S61
Open wound of wrist, hand and fingers S61-
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- any associated wound infection
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as S61. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- S61.0- Open wound of thumb without damage to nail
- S61.1- Open wound of thumb with damage to nail
- S61.2- Open wound of other finger without damage to nail
- S61.3- Open wound of other finger with damage to nail
- S61.4- Open wound of hand
- S61.5- Open wound of wrist