Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the wrist, hand and fingers
Other and unspecified injuries of wrist, hand and finger(s)
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S69.91XD
Unspecified injury of right wrist, hand and finger(s), subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S69.91XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp injury of right wrist, hand and finger(s), subs encntr
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM S69.91XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S69.91XD - other international versions of ICD-10 S69.91XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S69.91XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S69.91XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S69.91XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- S69.91XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S69.91XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S69.91XD
Unspecified injury of wrist, hand and finger(s)
Unspecified injury of unspecified wrist, hand and finger(s)
Unspecified injury of right wrist, hand and finger(s)
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified injury of left wrist, hand and finger(s)
Superficial injury of hip and thigh
Contusion of unspecified hip
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.