Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the hip and thigh
Superficial injury of hip and thigh
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S70.11XD
Contusion of right thigh, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S70.11XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S70.11XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S70.11XD - other international versions of ICD-10 S70.11XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S70.11XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S70.11XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S70.11XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S70.11XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S70.11XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S70.11XD
Contusion of unspecified thigh
Contusion of right thigh
…… subsequent encounter
Contusion of left thigh
Other superficial injuries of hip
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.