Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the hip and thigh
Superficial injury of hip and thigh
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S70.369D
Insect bite (nonvenomous), unspecified thigh, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S70.369D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Insect bite (nonvenomous), unspecified thigh, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S70.369D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S70.369D - other international versions of ICD-10 S70.369D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S70.369D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S70.369D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S70.369D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S70.369D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S70.369D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S70.369D
Insect bite (nonvenomous), right thigh
Insect bite (nonvenomous), left thigh
Insect bite (nonvenomous), unspecified thigh
…… subsequent encounter
Other superficial bite of thigh
Other superficial bite of right thigh
Other superficial bite of left thigh
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.