Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the ankle and foot
Superficial injury of ankle, foot and toes
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S90.121D
Contusion of right lesser toe(s) without damage to nail, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S90.121D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Contusion of right lesser toe(s) w/o damage to nail, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S90.121D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S90.121D - other international versions of ICD-10 S90.121D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S90.121D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S90.121D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S90.121D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S90.121D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S90.121D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S90.121D
Contusion of unspecified great toe without damage to nail
Contusion of lesser toe without damage to nail
Contusion of right lesser toe(s) without damage to nail
…… subsequent encounter
Contusion of left lesser toe(s) without damage to nail
Contusion of unspecified lesser toe(s) without damage to nail
Contusion of toe with damage to nail
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.