Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the ankle and foot
Superficial injury of ankle, foot and toes
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S90.821D
Blister (nonthermal), right foot, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S90.821D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S90.821D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S90.821D - other international versions of ICD-10 S90.821D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S90.821D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S90.821D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S90.821D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S90.821D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S90.821D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S90.821D
Blister (nonthermal) of foot
Blister (nonthermal), right foot
…… subsequent encounter
Blister (nonthermal), left foot
Blister (nonthermal), unspecified foot
External constriction of foot
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.