Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the ankle and foot
Superficial injury of ankle, foot and toes
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S90.911D
Unspecified superficial injury of right ankle, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S90.911D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unspecified superficial injury of right ankle, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM S90.911D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S90.911D - other international versions of ICD-10 S90.911D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S90.911D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S90.911D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S90.911D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- S90.911D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert S90.911D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S90.911D
Other superficial bite of unspecified foot
Unspecified superficial injury of ankle, foot and toe
Unspecified superficial injury of ankle
Unspecified superficial injury of right ankle
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified superficial injury of left ankle
Unspecified superficial injury of unspecified ankle
Unspecified superficial injury of foot
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.