Open wound of ankle, foot and toes S91
Open wound of ankle, foot and toes S91-
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- any associated wound infection
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as S91. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- S91.0- Open wound of ankle
- S91.1- Open wound of toe without damage to nail
- S91.2- Open wound of toe with damage to nail
- S91.3- Open wound of foot